Submission of Abstract and Selection of Presentation Category
Each presenter (oral or poster session) must submit an abstract for the presentation before 30 June 2019 to the IWEMM10 registration office at email@example.com
Please indicate your request whether you want to present in the session of oral or poster when you submit your abstract. International Scientific Committee of the IWEMM10 will select contributors for the oral session, based on the peer review of the submitted abstracts. Authors will be informed around on 20 August, 2019 about this decision.
- Abstracts should be written in size 12 font, Times New Roman, on the Word files (.docx or .doc format; A4 size, margin 2.5 cm).
- English is the official language.
- Titles containing a maximum of 20 words should be written in bold capital letters, except for Latin names, e.g. Lactarius deliciosus.
- Author's names should start with the first name, if relevant followed by the middle name, then followed by the surname in lower case letters.
- Affiliations should be in italics and lower case.
- The name of the presenting author should be underlined.
- An email address for the presenting author should be provided.
- Five to seven key words should be provided. The key words should be written in lower case letters.
- The body of the summary should start with a brief introductory sentence or two, containing background information about the work. It should then summarize the work that was done and outline the importance of the major findings. At the end, a conclusion of the work should be included.
- The entire body of the summary (of no more than 250 words, excluding title, names, affiliations and key words) should be written in a single paragraph.
- Finally, the main topic of the research, selected from the following topics of the IWEMM10 (please check them on the circular or on the website) should be included.
See the following example of abstract (Word file)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ORAL PRESENTATIONS
- All oral presentations must be in English. There will be no simultaneous translation available.
- It will be highly appreciated if you can speak slowly and clearly throughout your presentation to help those who are not fluent English speakers.
- All oral presentations should be prepared as a PowerPoint or PDF file, which should be sent to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org, or alternatively shared by file transfer, two weeks before the IWEMM10, i.e. October 7, 2019. This will prevent any compatibility problem.
- The duration of the oral presentations will be indicated in August 2019 but is likely to be a maximum of 20 minutes, including the time required for questions or discussion following your talk. Please adhere strictly to the time allocated for your presentation.
- Microphones will be available to facilitate the discussion. Please ask the audience to use these so that everyone can hear the questions.
- Posters should have a portrait orientation and be no more than 90 cm width x 120 cm length.
- English is the official language for posters.
- Although you are completely free to display your research information on your poster, it is highly advisable to avoid excessive text, for example the following proportions are advised: 20% text, 50% graphics and 30% space. Please leave enough blank space around your text.
- The title should be placed at the top along with the authors, email addresses and institution names.
- Prepare all text to be readable at a distance of 2 m. For example, the following sizes are advised: title 85 points, authors 48 points, sub-headings 36 points, body text 24 points, and captions 18 points.
- Organize your information to be self-explanatory.
- Include in a clear manner the background information, results and conclusions of your research.
POSTER SETUP AND COMPETITION
Poster session room is available throughout three days of IWEMM10. Poster presenters can set up their posters in the morning on 21 October, and must remove them before evening on 23 October. Time slot of poster sessions is set in the afternoon on 23 October. Assigned poster numbers will be shown on the IWEMM10 website by the end of September 2019. IWEMM10 staff provide masking tape or sticky tape to hang their posters on available boards.
Poster presenters must answer to questions from conference participants and discuss with them. There will be a Poster Competition, and the winner will be announced during the Closing Ceremony. The winner will be awarded a certificate and a gift. The jury will be composed of distinguished members of the International Scientific Committee of the IWEMM10.